Are you a creative and detail-oriented project architect or designer looking for a change? Want to work on socially responsible projects?
Pinnacle Architecture is searching for a project architect/designer who enjoys brainstorming new ideas and takes joy in the details. We are committed to enhancing lives and communities through affordable housing, community health, senior living, and public service projects. You must thrive on working collaboratively, producing a clean set of documents, and continuing training and development.
The Project Architect at Pinnacle is responsible for leading the design in concert with the project team. Our firm Principal provides feedback, best practices, and guidance. You’ll be responsible for working with your team to complete the design and documents for project milestones. From day one of a project, you’ll interact with the client and users to create designs that meet our client’s goals and truly enhance communities.
Pinnacle’s headquarters are in Bend, with remote workers in the Portland area. This position can work remotely or at our Bend office with relocation assistance. Our office culture is open, honest, and engaging. While working remotely, we meet virtually bi-weekly to connect and share. Also, we host virtual design charrettes and training and infuse a little fun with MS Team chats.
THE QUALITIES/SKILLS YOU NEED:
- Dedication to helping change lives.
- Ability to work independently and lead/collaborate with others.
- Task-oriented and likes a variety of work (market types and all phases of a project).
- Finds project constraints an opportunity for creativity.
- Strong understanding of zoning, building codes, energy codes, and life safety/ADA standards.
- Architecture degree from a NAAB accredited college or university.
- Architecture license, preferably in the State of Oregon but not required. (A staff member without an Oregon license will be referred to as Project Designer.)
- 8+ years experience in a PA role.
- Proficient in Revit (3+ years experience).
WHAT YOU’LL BE DOING:
- Lead the project design, investigating design solutions with the client and design team.
- Client contact on various size projects, assisting project managers in leading meetings and presentations.
- Coordinate production team members and consultants to produce documents & specifications at milestone deadlines.
- Periodic review checks for progress, errors, and omissions. Share best practices and use feedback as teaching moments.
- Complete site and master planning.
- Manage compliance of project certifications (LEED, Earth Advantage, etc.)
- Complete code compliance verification and documentation.
- Assist with publicly funded project administration.
- Acquire or oversee all phases of permits and approvals.
- Primary General Contractor contact on projects.
- Facilitate or oversee construction bid solicitation and review.
- Lead or oversee construction administration (site visits, field reports, processing RFI’s, etc.).
- Participate in new project pursuits (proposals, interviews, etc.)
- Provide input into designs at our all-office design charrettes.
Pinnacle Architecture, Inc. is a smoke-free, drug-free workplace and an equal opportunity employer. Our company does not and will not discriminate in employment and personnel practices on the basis of race, sex, age, handicap, religion, national origin or any other basis prohibited by applicable law. Hiring, transferring and promotion practices are performed without regard to the above-listed items.