Dynamic Office Manager with Accounting and HR Background Needed
Do you love organization? Do you thrive on a variety-filled workday? Do you enjoy helping others?
People are the heart of our business. We’re looking for a flexible, organized, go-getter with excellent communication skills and Jedi-like task management abilities. Pinnacle Architecture is a small but very busy office. Your focus will be accounting/bookkeeping and human resources management but will also touch many aspects of the business. If you’re proactive and have a knack for working well with people, keep reading!
Pinnacle Architecture is committed to enhancing lives and communities through housing, medical, senior living, and educational projects. The Office Manager position is an exciting opportunity to be part of a growing, well-established firm in beautiful Bend, Oregon. We work hard and have fun. Take a glimpse into working at Pinnacle.
Your full-time role will cover a range of accounting, HR, and office administration duties including:
- Analyze trends, costs, revenues, financial commitments, and obligations incurred to predict future revenues and expenses. Reports the company’s finances to management, and offers suggestions about resource utilization, cash flow, and assumptions underlying budget forecasts.
- Utilizes accounting controls, maintains chart of accounts; defines accounting policies and procedures that are consistent with GAAP
- Perform Job Cost accounting, client invoicing, A/R, A/P, collection calls
- Report daily cash flow
- Complete bank reconciliations, close month end, prepare balance sheet and profit and loss statement
- Achieve financial objectives by preparing an annual budget; scheduling expenditures; analyzing variances; initiating corrective actions.
- Facilitate communication with CPA, providing supporting documentation for tax preparation, and other items as needed.
- Provide Human Resources consultation and support for employees and management.
- Maintain and enhance the organization’s human resources by planning, implementing, and evaluating employee relations and human resources policies, programs, and practices.
- Develop positive working relationships and business partnerships with staff and management which may include planning, monitoring, and appraisal of employee work results by training managers to coach employees; scheduling management conferences with employees; hearing and resolving employee grievances; counseling employees and supervisors.
- Maintain employee handbook, job descriptions, and organizational charts
- Assist with recruiting and interviewing program; counseling of managers on candidate selection; conducting and analyzing exit interviews; recommends changes.
- Assist with periodic pay surveys; scheduling and conducting job evaluations; preparing pay budgets; monitoring and scheduling individual pay actions; recommending, planning, and implementing pay structure revisions.
- Assist with employee benefit programs and informs employees of benefits; recommending benefit programs to management; directing benefit claims; obtaining and evaluating benefit contract bids; conducting educational programs on benefits.
- Assist with legal compliance by monitoring and implementing applicable human resource federal and state requirements, renewing mandatory posters.
- Recommend new approaches, policies, and procedures for continual improvements in office efficiency.
- Pursue efficiency by planning and implementing office systems, layouts, and equipment procurement.
- Collaborate with the office administrator.
- Assist staff with any administration activities when the office administrator is unavailable.
- Associates or Bachelor’s degree in Business or Accounting
- More than four years of experience in accounting and office management
- Full cycle bookkeeping experience
- Proficient in Microsoft Office software
- At least two years’ experience in Human Resources exhibiting knowledge of state and federal regulations
- Previous employment with an architect and/or engineering firm
- Experience with Deltek Ajera software
- Experience working in a small business as the sole accounting/HR representative.
- Experience with insurance regulations and third party record keeping
Wage D.O.E. Opportunity for advancement.
To apply send the following to firstname.lastname@example.org:
- Cover Letter including salary requirements
Pinnacle Architecture, Inc. offers a full employment benefits package, which includes:
Paid Holidays and Personal Time Off
Company Sponsored Events
Paid In-House Training
Professional Development Reimbursement Opportunities